Friday, October 07, 2005

Psalm 12

Jenny Synopsis: Evil people are everywhere...even those that were Godly are turning. However, God will not forget the poor and the needy (Aren't we pretty much all needy in the sense that we are nothing on our own?). God is purer and stronger than any evil.

Favorite Version: King James

Favorite Word Picture:

For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
Psalm 12:5

I love seeing that our enemies puffeth. This one word seems to take all evil and reduce it to what it really is...nothing. A lot of energy and work goes into a puff, but the results are usually very short-lived, which is what evil will be in the big picture.

Problem for Me: Remembering the big picture since I tend to live in the small one.

Silly interjection: Acorn ate half of a Q-tip the other day before I could stop her.

Prayer Request: My friend from college's mom has had a recent bone marrow transplant and her body isn't accepting it as good as it needs to.

Please feel free to comment and guide. This blog is for me to learn and grow!!!!!!

2 comments:

middle aged blogger said...

I don't know what version that was but I too, love the picture of puffeth - it reminds me of the three little pigs and the fact that God must have put us in brick houses!!!!

Love Ma Blogger

Danielle said...

I don't have any words of instruction, but I did want to let you know that I will be praying for you as you pack and travel to MI. And maybe, just maybe, I'll call you tomorrow night.

Love you. Thanks for being with me as I teach the tiny groups. I don't think I could stay chipper without you.