Friday, September 09, 2005

Watch Out

I’m thanking you, God, from a full heart, I’m writing the book on your wonders. I’m whistling, laughing, and jumping for joy; I’m singing your song, High God. The day my enemies turned tail and ran, they stumbled on you and fell on their faces. You took over and set everything right; when I needed you, you were there, taking charge.
Psalm 9:1-4 The Message

I have still been studying Psalms and it is interesting reading The Message for the first time. Sometimes I will read a passage and think that it is hideous, others, I will read something and get something totally new that I never thought of before and of course there are times that I can't stop laughing too. This time, I just love the word picture of "stumbling over God" How awesome is that - - not just for our enemies, but for us all. How many times have I not been paying close attention and then I stumble over God. It is just a great way to say it as far as I am concerned. I think that I will begin praying that my friends and family that don't know Him will stumble over Him. I am sure that there is plenty more on my mind, but for some reason, I haven't quite woken up this morning and everything is fuzzy...speaking of fuzzy, do you remember this one:

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a Bear
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy
Was he?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
thank you for sharing that wonderful Psalm. I agree that it does bring to mind a great word picture. But just when I think that you are being all serious on me, you have to throw in Fuzzy Wuzzy and give me a good laugh to start my day. Thanks, your great!

Mary