Monday, May 16, 2005

Psalm 1

We have this cool Bible Software that Daniel picked out and so I have a wealth of studying resources at my fingertips on the computer. I decided to read the Psalms in NKJV, KJV, NIV, and The Message, just to compare and see how I am led. I have never read The Message before, so that is the most intriguing version, but it is definitely not my favorite for this passage.

In fact, good ol King James just flows the best for me here. I love the word pictures in this chapter and feel that it is important that the wind driveth away chaff instead of drives or blows or anything else.

Although I do like how the Message says "you chew on Scripture day and night" I don't think that I am a good "chewer" I hope that I will improve.

Praying that Psalm 1 will stay with me today and I will be attentive to whatever God might say through it.

No comments: