Friday, July 18, 2008

Stupid for the Summer

As my sister will be the first to tell you, I get all of my information on Current Events, Pop Culture, Life in General, etc., from The Ellen Degeneres Show. It is one of the few shows that I regularly watch and it keeps me "in the know" on a variety of things. I didn't realize how much I was picking up until I started hearing myself say time and time again, "On Ellen the other day....", "Well Ellen said...", "They were on Ellen and ...", "When I was watching Ellen..."

I actually record the show each day and watch them when I have a chance. Sometimes I have an all day Ellen marathon when I have a pile of ironing to get done, and other days I am just getting a few snippets dependent on how long I can stay on the Elliptical. Either way, the sad news is, I have finally caught up on all my recorded episodes and now there are only re-runs until Fall . Not only am I going to miss the show, but I fear that I am now going to be stupid for the summer. So, let me apologize in advance for my lack of smarts from here on out. I promise, it will get better in a month or two...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where will I go to find out anything newsworthy? can we last until fall?
Love you,
Becs

AEGN said...

Jenny! I am with you! I heart Ellen and I miss her this summer. I tivo her show everyday! Seh came to Chicago recently and I was so sad I couldnt get tickets :)
That is too funny.

AEGN said...

I just saw a commercial that Ellen is back on Sept 8. Now you can breathe easier :)