Friday, March 17, 2006

Psalm 20 - Short and Sweet

Just a little Friday evening post. I am tired already (only 8:30 p.m.) and my head is hurting a bit, so this is going to be short and hopefully sweet.

Psalm 20

Favorite Version: NIV
Favorite Verse: 4

May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.

Random Thought: All you greeting card people out there, this would be a great verse to put in Graduation Cards and actually plenty of other occasions.

Additional Random Thought: I wonder where Roscoe is?

Future Plans: Eating a huge St. Patrick's Day cookie that someone was kind enough to give me.

Concluding Thoughts: Good Night

4 comments:

middle aged blogger said...

Hope you slept after the sugar! :)

Rebecca said...

HI Jen! You can send me this verse in a card anytime you want! (thank you for the bagel card by the way! :)
This verse reminds me of Psalm 37:4~ Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Growing up, I always read this to mean: "be a dedicated Christian and God will give you everything you want" and obviously that did not happen so I would get frustrated "God, why aren't you giving me the desires of my heart?, You said You would!!!" Then later on into my adult years as I came across this verse again, I saw it in a whole new light. My interpretation: As we delight ourselves in the Lord, as we follow and draw close to Him, -- He will put the desires of what He wants for us in our heart. As we grow and seek His Face, our will for our life and His Will for our life will start to actually be the same. The same desire. It's not just "God I want this, this and this" it's the Holy Spirit shaping our heart to be more like God's heart, hence Him giving us the desires of our heart! I don't know if this makes sense, it's hard to put in words, but I thought I would share!
Love you Jen!

Jennifer from Ohio said...

Ah Rebecca, you put it into words wonderfully. You should comment and blog more often. Hope to talk to you shortly.

Oh, the sugar did not keep me up at all, in fact I feel asleep earlier than I anticipated...I wasn't even in bed!

Danielle said...

I'm wondering how Acorn is faring?