Friday, January 27, 2006

Nephews

Hello everyone. I am back to blogging and I am mobile. Laptops are wonderful. It makes me feel important to be able to surf anywhere in the house. Granted, only the cats really see this, but I am sure that they are in awe. Actually, Roscoe believes the curser is a little bug to be caught and has a tendency to jump right on the keyboard trying to capture it. That Roscoe! Right now I am blogging from the dining room table...not really an adventurous place, but it is comfortable.

I spent the last 2 days with my nephews (and my sister, of course) and had a wonderful time. Jonathan (4 years old) and Zachary (14 mo.) were in great spirits pretty much the whole visit. Notes from my visit:

*Being pretend animals is "in" . I believe that we were lions, dogs, and cats most of the time. When we were lions, we had to "bear our teeth"! How does he come up with this.

* Zachary has been taking a few steps here and there, but took 20 in a row while trying to make it from the sofa to Tele Tubbies on the TV - - speaking of which. There should be a law against making shows as freaky as that. There is something exceedingly wrong with it and when the Tubbies are trying to figure out whose belly is going to show the video clip, I get the willies.

*Jonathan and I have different Play Do organizational plans - -mine is to gently and carefully keep all colors separate and in their respective containers. Jonathan feels that colors are meant to be mixed and mixed and mixed. I decided that it was actually kind of cool when put through the little squish machine that lets you spit out long strands of "wormies" and other shapes. It almost looks tie dyed. Play Do was great fun. I was just the worker and Jonathan was the player. I made as many "things" as possible and they were immediately worked into Jonathan's imaginative story line. I didn't catch it all, but there were a lot of sharks, monsters, wormies and danger. I found out that when one monster confronts another, the only thing to do is for the larger monster to eat the smaller one resulting in a large ball of puce colored Play Do that Aunt Jenny needed to quickly create into more sharks.

*Everyone should have snuggle time with a one year old sometime in their life...it is amazingly sweet.

*Jonathan is at the point where almost everything he says is now hilarious to me due to the growth of his imagination, the expansion of his vocabulary, and the childishness of his voice. It makes me regretful that I can't remember every little thing.

*Zach decided that the rolling credits at the end of a television show or movie are possibly alive. He will stand at the televison "catching" them and then wondering where they go.

I have been trying to figure out why I am so tired today and then I decided it could possibly be that I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. talking with my sister the night before last and then we got up at 7:00 a.m. and spent the day with 2 toddlers. That probably has something to do with it.

1 comment:

middle aged blogger said...

Welcome back - I missed you! Small children create GREAT enjoyment and huge energy reserves are needed. It's no wonder you're tired. You made me smile again!