Friday, November 07, 2008

German Women and Heated Seats

These 2 topics are totally unrelated, but I thought that it made a catchy title!

I have been feeling a bit under the weather with a migraine, but was cheered up today when I headed into town to mail some letters. I live outside of a small town in Ohio of about 1600 people. There is a library, a post office, a gas station, a pizza place, and a few other small businesses. The Post Office and the Library, however, are my favorite haunts. I was paying for my stamps and a woman walked in, looked at me, and in a thick German accent said:

"Ack! It has been many years since I have seen someone so tiny. What happened to you?"

Oh my, I knew that this was going to be good. I proceeded to have about a 10 minute conversation with my new friend and it did not get any less funny. I wish that I had an audio clip to post, but we are just going to have to rely on your imagination for the German accent and my memory for the conversation. We talked about our life, our health, how we see the same Dr., and a plethora of other things that she asked questions about and it honestly was almost more than I could handle, it was so funny. We ended it with her trying to describe where she lives and saying that I should stop by sometime. I said that I might and she said I should...

"I have lots of things I could share and teach you. You know I was supposed to die twice, once when I was 4 and once when I was 16 and here I am today."

I said that I thought she might just live to 122 at this point, but she corrected me:

"Ack no, the doctor says 115"

And she was serious. Oh, it was priceless and I am still smiling.

As for the heated seats, I have said it once and I will continue to say it until someone stops me. The heated seats in my van are a gift from God. I hope that the person that created heated seats is living a happy and comfortable life somewhere knowing that they have made mankind better. Every time I push that little button and my seat starts to heat up, I become the "good" Jenny, the one that is happy and pleasant and caring and wants good things to happen to all people. I am a better person because I have heated seats!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Ack, I am still laughing about your new friend, my little, tiny sister!