Saturday, November 18, 2006

Deer Season

Well, I was driving along on my way to pick up some groceries and I noticed a bit of commotion by the side of the road. I slowed so as not to hit anything and saw a group of guys in their fluorescent orange hunting vests heading to their pickups. They were in good spirits probably due to the fact that they were dragging a sizable deer behind them. I honestly was glad that this was a good day for them, but I was quickly reminded of my ....I don't even know what to call it.

My heart breaks for animals in trouble, or hurt, or dead, or lost, or misunderstood. You get the picture. The funny thing is, I wasn't like that as a child (at least that I can remember) and it seemed to hit me out of the blue the last decade or so. I wasn't looking for it and I am not entirely sure what to do with it. I don't get all emotional on the outside (I was an emotional child and teenager, so I might have used up all my crying), but my heart just feels like it is being tortured.

Interestingly enough, it doesn't have to be real animals (Disney hasn't done well by me), or socially acceptable animals (groundhog, rat, loch ness monster), or animals at all for that matter. The same thing happens when I see children that are in distress or adults that can't fend for themselves or are being treated unfairly, etc. My sister and husband know this about me, and they are very good about letting me know in advance if a movie is going to be Jenny Friendly or not. (We all learned the hard way on what makes a movie not Jenny Friendly.) I am honestly surprised that I haven't turned into a vegetarian, but thankfully I can still enjoy a good hamburger. Please don't ask me, however, to raise the cow.

There really isn't a point to all of this, just a disclosure to the masses.

Thank you all for the prayers and suggestions on my headaches. I have had 1 1/2 headache free days and counting. I hope that everyone else is enjoying a relief too.

No comments: